To help with my weight loss and fitness, as well as my crave to bake and make things almost daily my mum and I came up with these little yummies! They were actually inspired by Delciously Ella’s energy balls, only ours are tons cheaper and yummier than ever’ we used dates from a huge pack that we got wholesale at the market! You don’t need medjooil dates everytime! They’re expensive and I personally think, best eaten alone.
You will need:
- Food processor
- Dates (no stone)
- Dried fruit (we use our dehydrator. Blueberries / strawberries / apple / pineapple
- Coconut powder / flour
- Dry out the fruit on a dehydrator till it’s almost hard but still a tiny bit soft.
- Put to one side to rest and cool
- Mix a handful of dates in a food processor (they’ll sound loud and vicious!)
- Add the fruit to the date mix
- At this point it should be sticky and dough like… if not add a bit of water
- Kneed to a dough
- Separate into small balls
- Roll into the coconut flower
It’s just that simple! So simple in fact that you only need telling once! You’ll be making these in no time!
Tip: If you don’t have a dehydrator then use the oven to slowly heat the fruit and remove moisture! I hate oil so never use oil on these! It gives them the worst flavour and after taste!