Hey guys! Hope everyone had a great weekend. I certainly did! I had my boyfriend (who is also a super good friend of mine you will have seen in previous posts… Yes we are dating now) visiting me in London, so of course it was super fun! I also met up with my old uni flat mate Michael and his friend Teddy, and we had a few beers and catch up which was super nice.
Over the weekend Jon and I decided to go and look round Camden after walking up to Primrose Hill and having a few beers. Camden is pretty quirky, full of weird and wonderful people and shops. We ended up staying there late and having a few beers and cocktails.
It’s great having a boyfriend who’s also one of my best friends! Here is a little secret not many people know, he was one of my first ever kisses when I was in my teens! How cute is that?
Anyway… We had a really nice walk across Camden from Regent’s Park all the way up as well as amazing veggie street food! I had some sweet potato chips whilst we walked around exploring the area and they were so yummy! If you haven’t had them before, I suggest you go out and get some! You can buy them pre-made in a packet, or you can make your own.
When I was studying at Brookes I liked to make my own sweet potato chips a lot of the time. I perfected to art after quite a few failings! I found the trick (for me personally) was to use less oil and dry them out then, use oil right at the end just to crisp them up.
I digress, let’s get back to the top ten things I love about weekends!
- No plans are good plans! It means you can literally relax! I use this time to read, draw, walk the dogs I volunteer to look after, or go out on my own.
- Waking up on a frosty Sunday morning with the rain pounding on the window, whilst you’re all snuggled up in a duvet with your teddies (no just me?) surrounding you!
- Spending time with your friends and family! I love doing this, especially when I get to see my family or best friends. I wish I could spend all my time with them really.
- Having a bath. I love using Lush products, not only because they smell so good, but because they are either fizzy or scratchy. They are the best things ever! Thank you Lush!
- Spending all day cuddling my dogs and all evening with Humphrey my hamster. I really do love animals so crazily much. As I live in London I don’t get to spend much time with pets (hence why I joined Borrow My Doggy) so weekends are a real favourite.
- Baking cakes and learning new tips and tricks for my sweet treats! I am doing the whole ‘healthy’ thing yes… But I think it’s also good to spoil yourself and friends, as not everyone is as into quinoa and zucchini cakes as you might think!
- Going to charity shops and jumble sales or even car boot sales. I love a good bargain, but most of all I like to explore. I really enjoy rummaging through pre-loved things and finding treasures. I’ve found some really amazing things doing this.
- Exploring London and travelling. Since I got a new job I don’t have as much time to travel as far and wide (but I will when my holiday hours add up). I thoroughly enjoy exploring London and other parts of the UK at the moment, and think this is really important as I don’t know it as well as Europe believe it or not.
- Changing my bed sheets. I swear people think I am mad for putting this as one of my favourite things to do at the weekend… But I just LOVE fresh clean sheets, and get to appreciate them all the more on a Sunday morning when I don’t have to get out of bed.
- Tea and morning TV. I spend all week watching Netflix when I get home from work (or reading, it really depends how I feel). I know this seems super boring, but I do like getting up at 7am on a Saturday (when I’m home visiting my family) and drinking tea in my dressing gown watching TV cuddling my dogs!
So, that is my list of ten things I love about the weekend. What is yours?