I have wanted to write this post for a few days now. It sort of came to me as I was drifting off to sleep, after reading a chapter of my book. If you have been following me for the last few months (since I got started), you would have seen my blog on ‘25 things to do before I turn 26‘. In short, the blog is basically looking at a way to explore areas of your life that you otherwise would have forgotten about, or just not bothered to complete.
Today, I decided to go out for lunch with two of my work colleagues. Whilst at lunch I told the guys about my family – my Dad going through cancer, my skin issues, and that I just got into a new relationship as well as having a puppy etc. They were pretty astonished that I have so much going on at the moment (along with other things that I don’t need to share on here). It really made me think, as I don’t look at my life as being much of an adventure, but it has always appeared everyone else does. I seem to be really interesting and exciting to most people, having gone through some really exciting adventures, and some not so. Because of this, a lot really does just wash over my family and I now. We tend to get on with things, laugh a lot more and joke, living live to the fullest extent possible.
So it seemed the right time to write a little list of things that I consider the little things in life that make me happy, in a hope to normalise myself to you all a bit.
- I love the smell of frosty mornings in the English countryside. The view of the fog as it slowly starts to lift from around the hills – it just smells so fresh and makes me feel alive.
- Scarves. They are so snuggly and cosy. They are also great to throw on if you’re not sure on your outfit (that way everyone looks at the scarf!).
- Tea. Tea literally makes everything that little bit better. A warm cosy cup of tea in my hands, and I’m happy.
- Happy animals. Seeing animals happy will always make me happy.
- When someone else thinks of you or does something out of pure kindness. This could be as simple as a stranger holding a lift open for me. It’s just selfless and I really appreciate that in mankind.
- Reading. I love books. I have on many occasions been up reading, intently, and find myself just starting to dose off as the birds sing their morning melody.
- My little brother laughing at me. Because no matter what I do, I will always be his big sister. mwhaha.
- Pyjamas. I would wear them 24/7 if it was socially acceptable and I wasn’t considered lazy.
- Yoga. If you haven’t tried yoga yet, give it a go for a few weeks. It is amazing.
- fairy lights. I have them up all year round. (clear ones). They just make me smile and feel relaxed and at ease.
Well. That’s my little list of ‘the little things’ that make me happy. What would yours be?